I have extensive experience helping German-speaking entrepreneurs and investors navigate the notoriously complex American immigration system.

German American Business Immigration Attorney

Business Immigration

The American immigration system offers several different business immigration options.

If you are an entrepreneur, an investor, or a high-ranking employee at a multinational company, you may be eligible to obtain a visa that will allow you to live and work in the United States. In some cases, you may even be able to obtain a green card, which will grant you status as a permanent resident and will eventually allow you to apply for U.S. citizenship.

I have extensive experience helping German-speaking entrepreneurs and investors navigate the notoriously complex American immigration system. Even for qualified applicants, obtaining the appropriate visa can be a challenging and confusing process. No matter your circumstances, I will help you understand your options and take the appropriate action to obtain the right visa.

To schedule a strictly confidential consultation with a business immigration lawyer, contact me today.

Business, Entrepreneur, and Investor Visas

B-1 Visas (Temporary Business Visitors)

A B-1 visa is designed for temporary business visitors or business travelers.

With a B-1 visa, you can conduct a wide range of business endeavors in the United States— from negotiating commercial agreements to reviewing potential projects for real estate investment. Residents of most foreign countries can often obtain a B-1 visa with relatively short notice. To get one, you must meet the following requirements:

  • Intend to return to your country of residence;
  • Visit the U.S. on a short-term basis;
  • Have a valid business or commercial purpose; and
  • Demonstrate adequate financial support for your trip.

E-1 Visas (Treaty Traders)

An E-1 visa is commonly known as a treaty trader visa. It is a nonimmigrant visa that allows nationals of certain approved countries to come to the United States to promote or engage in international trade.

To be eligible to apply for an E-1 visa, you must be a citizen of a country with which the United States has an active treaty trader agreement. For reference, Germany, Austria, and Switzerland are all E-1 visa approved countries.

If you are seeking to obtain an E-1 visa to carry on international trade in the United States I can help you with this immigration option.

E-2 Visas (Treaty Investors)

The E-2 visa is also known as the treaty investor visa.

Somewhat similar to the E-1 visa, the E-2 visa is also reserved for citizens of certain countries with active treaties. It is a nonimmigrant visa that allows business people, entrepreneurs, and investors to come to the United States to make or support a substantial capital investment in an American-based project.

To be eligible to qualify for an E-2 visa, you must be able to meet the following standards:

  • Proof of citizenship in an E-2 treaty country;
  • A sufficient amount of capital — generally $100,000 or more — in a qualifying U.S. company or investment entity; and
  • Entering the United States with the primary purpose of furthering or directing that investment.

Germany, Switzerland, and Austria are all E-2 treaty investor eligible countries. If you are preparing to apply for this type of visa, my legal team is standing by, ready to guide you through the process and help you overcome any potential obstacles.

L-1 Visas (Intracompany Transferees)

An L-1 visa is designed for employees who are transferring between locations within a single multinational company or organization.

In order to qualify for an L-1 visa, a worker must be an executive, a manager, or a specialized employee who has been employed by the company for at least 1 year within the past 3 years. Notably, the L-1 A — which is for executives and managers — is generally valid for up to seven years; while the L-1 B — which is for workers with specialized knowledge or skills — is typically valid for up to five years.

To obtain this type of visa, there must be a qualifying relationship between the foreign company and the U.S.-based entity. In some cases, establishing this can be challenging. Beyond proving the connection, the specific individual must also satisfy all relevant requirements.

EB-5 Visas (Immigrant Investors)

An EB-5 visa is available to immigrant investors. Unlike the other common business immigration options mentioned above, the EB-5 visa grants the applicants and their immediate family members with a green card.

In other words, through an EB-5 visa, you can obtain permanent residency, and eventually citizenship, in the United States. Of course, getting an immigrant investor visa is a highly complex process. Among other things, an applicant must make a large capital investment — either $900,000 or $1.8 million — into a job-supporting project within the United States.

You should not apply for an EB-5 visa on your own, and I’m happy to assist.

Get Help From a Business Immigration Attorney Today

As a business immigration lawyer, I am committed to providing clients strong and sophisticated immigration law guidance. I have extensive experience helping foreign entrepreneurs obtain business and investment visas in the United States.

If you are considering applying for an entrepreneur or investor visa, you need experienced legal counsel on your side. To get immediate assistance with your case, please do not hesitate to contact me and schedule a confidential initial consultation.